Sacrament is celebrating four years as a church!
The season of Easter is a time of celebration. On Easter Sunday in 2014, Sacrament Church was launched. God has been faithful every step of the way.
Join us for brunch, a service where our focus will be "Trust and Obey," and other activities.
Let's celebrate God's faithfulness in the past and look to where he might lead us in the future.
All are invited to bring Energy Bars for the Maplewood High School Football Team as they begin summer workouts.
Advent is a season of anticipating Christ. Each week of Advent, we will be celebrating in a fun and special way. Also, you are invited to bring items for donation for a different local non-profit each week.
- Dec. 3rd- REVEAL. We are pitching together to help provide toys for a ten-year-old girl in the foster care system through our friends at CASA, an organization which advocates for children who have suffered abuse. Please take a look at the list here and consider signing up. If you would rather give cash, we will be taking a second offering on that Sunday as well.
- Dec. 10th- PREPARE, Wear a Christmas sweater! Bring new or worn clothes for East Nashville Cooperative Ministry, an interdenominational ministry to help provide a safety net for the neighborhoods of East Nashville. We will serve cookies and cocoa.
- Dec. 17th- SHINE, Sacrament Kids will be sharing some songs. Bring non-perishable food items for Give Me 10, an organization which helps to address the issue of hunger in East Nashville.
- Dec. 24th- TRANSFORM. We will gather on Christmas Eve at 10am.
"The message of Easter is that God's new world has been unveiled in Jesus Christ and that you're now invited to belong to it.”
― N.T. Wright
Join us as we celebrate Christ's resurrection and his unfolding new world. All are welcome.
After service we will have an old-school Easter potluck and an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the season of Lent. Discover more about Lent and orient yourself towards this season with our free Lent guide at http://www.sacramentchurch.com/lent
On Ash Wednesday, we commit ourselves to a time of repentance.That evening we will pray, receive communion, and receive ashes on our foreheads in the shape of the cross.
Join us on Election Night.
Nothing brings out the tensions and divisions in our culture more than elections. At Sacrament, we are providing a space for us to come together instead of break apart.
Followers of Jesus are not bound together by their political affiliation, in fact, there are faithful Christians in all political parties. Christians are bound together by the person of Jesus Christ.
So we come to the table: rich and poor, young and old, Republicans and Democrats, and affirm that we have a greater identity and one true King.
No childcare provided but kids are welcome
August 12-14 is a big weekend for East Nashville. Tomato Art Fest draws over 30,000 people and serves as a celebration of all things E Nash. Sacrament will have a booth and pass out 5,000 paper fans.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to seek the peace and prosperity of the city that we are in. We believe that Sacrament exists in this specific place and time for a reason. Whether its helping to alleiviate poverty, to serve our local schools, or to simply be good neighbors, part of our responsibility as Christians is to the "space" where God has placed us.
Join us August 14th for:
- Tomato-themed breakfast dishes,
- Virgin bloody marys
- Community representatives sharing more about ways to love E Nash.
- Wear your favorite Stratford, Inglewood, Maplewood, Give Me 10, Sacrament or any other kind of Nashville t-shirt!
On May 8th, We will be gathering outdoors for Ascension Day. Join us at Shelby Park as we take communion, sing, pray, and proclaim the Ascension story.
May 8th is also Mother's Day. We will celebrate the ladies in our community with a light brunch before and after.
As Christians, we are a people of resurrection, transformation, and hope. Easter is the most important season in the church because it is all about Jesus Christ’s resurrection and Good News for the world. At Sacrament, we desire to be a people of hope in a world that often despairs, of transformation in a world that often remains static, and of healing in a world that is often broken. We are a Jesus People.
Engaging Kids Classes (Ages 0-5)
Join us for a gathering to kick off the season of Lent. We will sing, pray, take communion, and receive the ashes. All are welcome. This will take place in the conference room of Sparkworks Union.
Parents: We are planning for this to be a "family gathering" so we are not planning on having childcare. We will let you know if that changes.
We'd love for you to join us at Sacrament for the season of Advent.
Advent is a season of anticipating Jesus. Look below for specific events to look forward to.
Gathering Every Sunday at 10AM
Engaging Kids Classes Available
November 29th- ANTICIPATE, Thanksgiving Leftovers Potluck after worship gathering.
December 6th- PREPARE, "Ugly Christmas Sweater Sunday," Pictures with Santa (St. Nick), Hot Chocolate Bar
December 13th- REJOICE, With a special song from Sacrament Kids
December 20th- ADORE, Candlelight Christmas Service